Skip to main content

I was arrested with a warrent for indecent exposure, out on bond, what will i be faceing in court for first offence

Elizabethton, TN |

neighbors said they seen me from there house more then once on my front porch taking it out of my pants, and it was very dark, dont see how they seen from there house to mine. so cop told me been reported more then once so he and the neighbors took out warrent.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Indecent Exposure as you have described would be a Class B Misdemeanor which can carry up to six months in jail and a fine up to $500, unless it involved a child witnessing the nudity in which case it would be a Class A Misdemeanor which can carry up to eleven months and twenty nine days in jail and a fine up to $2,500. Indecent exposure is defined in Tennessee Code Annotated 39-13-511, which you can read at What sentence you are likely to be facing, assuming they can prove the case, is going to be dependent on many factors including: age, prior criminal history, employment, circumstances of this instance, etc. I would advise you to seek the legal help of an attorney in your area so that you can be prepared to fully defend yourself in court.

Disclaimer. The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. We invite you to contact us and welcome your calls, letters and electronic mail. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.


With an attorney that handles these types of charges, you're likely looking at dismissal or diversion. You'll want this charge expunged thereafter.

I am not your attorney nor is any answer I may provide legal advice. You may contact me directly for legal advice only if you are a resident of Tennessee insofar as I only practice in Tennessee.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer