Skip to main content

I was arrested for posssesion of 20 grams or more with intent to man/sell/deliver, first offense no prior record.

Miami, FL |

started with a car accident, there was a car at a stand still in the middle of the road and hit him/her at 30 mph the cop then came to the scene after getting my information, they started going into my car asked me if i had any cannabis in the car because of the smell i never let them search my car it was just open due to the accident and i was still in a state of shock from the whole accident i gave it to them and they intended i was a dealer and i said it was personal use. i am not exactly sure what to expect i wasnt read my miranda rights i have a super clean record good grades in college never had one run in with the law besides this i wasnt found with baggies scales or any dealing paraphinela.just curious due to the accident is there anything that i can use to help fight these charge

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You will need a competent Miami lawyer to assist you. It is strange the cops charged you intent without paraphernalia or baggies. It could be the cops based it upon other factors they found at the scene including the amount of grams they discovered. Miranda is a tricky question and a lawyer can not analyze that for here without t more facts known. Hire a lawyer to try and get the state to not file the intent charges and perhaps seek out a first offender program like diversion or intervention where you can get the charges dropped. Good luck!

Please be advised that answering your questions does not establish an attorney-client relationship with myself or my firm. We would be more than happy to set up a free consultation if you call us at 407-588-6714 and specifically mention AVVO or email me at and put AVVO in the subject line.


The first thing is to hire a competent criminal defense attorney ASAP. You have to concerns: the CRIMINAL charge and the CIVIL car accident to deal with. The search of the vehicle, your "consent", the lack of a "Miranda" warning may or may not affect the outcome of the criminal case. Get counsel now.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..



to be honist with you i didnt get any citation for the car accident and i just so happened to crash into one of my good friends aunts im not so worryed about the car accident as the charges because i been working very hard toward my organic biology major and i would like the charges completely gone eventually possibly sealed and explunged



Due to possible complications with different colleges going into heavy science programs.


You should hire a competent criminal defense attorney ASAP. There may be issues with the legality of the officer's actions but more information is needed to determine that.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer