Skip to main content

I was arrested for carring 2 xanax pills in Florida. What is the out come for such charge?

Hialeah, FL |
Attorney answers 4


It depends on your prior record, the Judge your case is assigned to, and the prosecutor.

You should hire a criminal defense attorney to look through your case to see if there are any defenses or whether your rights have been violated.

If you plea and it is your first charge, you should be facing a probation with drug conditions.

Again, hire an attorney, I offer free consultations.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Florida. To set up a free consultation, please call my office at 727-755-3476.


Could be anywhere from prison time (max 5 years) down to probation. You may also qualify for some sort of diversionary program. Factors such as prior criminal history and the specific facts of the case will also play a role. I would suggest consulting with an experienced criminal defense attorney in the area. He/she will be able to look at these factors and determine the best course of action. Good luck!!


Depends on number of factors. However if it is your first time in trouble with the law you might be eligible for a diversion or drug court program where you can get charges dropped. You really need to meet with a lawyer to see what rights you have and any defenses to your case. Who knows maybe there is some technicality that can result in charges being dismissed? You will never know unless you consult with a lawyer. Good luck!

Please be advised that answering your questions does not establish an attorney-client relationship with myself or my firm. We would be more than happy to set up a free consultation if you call us at 407-588-6714 and specifically mention AVVO or email me at and put AVVO in the subject line.


Anywhere from dismissal to five years imprisonment, depending on the weight of the evidence, your prior record, and any viable legal defenses you may have (etc). answers provided solely for informational purposes. Answers are not legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. If you are seeking legal advice, contact a competent attorney in your local jurisdiction. Learn more about my practice at