Skip to main content

I was arrested for assualt, and the third party is now claiming injuries and losses through a no win no fee solicitor.

Usk, WA |

He is claiming for loss of earnings of 10 weeks, and soft tissue injury to the head and his knee. Also mention of after the event legal expense which i am liable for. This was a push and shove with one punch to the face of which i was criminally convicted with common assault and paid compnesation in court for £500.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


I am not sure what your question is, but I recommend calling your county bar association for an attorney referral. Though you have already been at the receiving end of the criminal process, there is actually a civil process that can be undertaken and it sounds like that is happening. If you don't, then there is the risk that they will obtain a default judgement against you for what they are asking for without the opportunity for you to have an attorney review it for validity.


Clearly, you need to hire a lawyer.
If the other party gets a judgement against you, it may not be subject to discharge in bankruptcy.
On the other hand, the other persons lawyer may be looking for alternative avenues of recovery.
Use the AVVO find a lawyer tab.


You need to look here on for a local attorney. If you are served with a lawsuit then failure to respond will result in a default judgment against you.

Good luck.

DISCLAIMER: David J. McCormick is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and this answer is being provided for informational purposes only because the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.


The $500 you paid is a standard crime victim penalty assessment that all criminal defendants in Washington State pay according to statute. It goes to the general victim fund with the state. You did not compensate the person you assaulted. You need to find someone to defend you. And "no win no pay" is typical contract for plaintiffs in that situation. Good luck.

Chris Matthew Limberopoulos

Chris Matthew Limberopoulos


Good advice.


I looked carefully at your statement, but could find no question. I suggest you attempt to work out a resolution of this claim with the attorney who has contacted you. It appears you have been found guilty and that guilty finding can be used against you to prove the civil claim. Work out a payment.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer