Skip to main content

I was arrested for a traffic ticket that I had already paid, the clerk just forgot to enter the info into the computer.

Pearland, TX |

I was arrested for failure to pay a traffic ticket , but I paid it 4 months ago and when I got to the clerkship office they quickly apologized and offered to drive me back home . However I now have an arrest record in the city I live in . The arrest information has already been posted on such sites as mugshots . com . I do a lot of work for places like Wells Fargo and Morgan Stanley and I need a clean record . This is the only time I have ever been arrested . At the very least I would like to get all record of this removed . Now it is impossible since it has hit the INTERNET . Do I have a case ?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You can seek to expunge the arrest from your records and I would also contact a civil rights attorney.


You need to hire a criminal attorney to do an expunction for you. In the expunction order, they can include all of the Internet sites (that you know of) that are carrying the information. As far as a case against the municipality itself, they have a great deal of immunity but it's certainly worth looking into. You need to consult an attorney who handles civil rights violations.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at for more information about her services and recent victories.


You should be able to get the arrest records expunged.

Answers provided on Avvo does not form an attorney-client relationship or indicate that the attorney represents or even will represent the client. Responses to questions are provided and based upon the facts as stated in the question. While attorneys attempt to make a complete and accurate response, there is no guaranty or warranty that the response is correct. You are encouraged to seek qualified counsel, licensed in the state(s) which have jurisdiction over the matters for advice. You are also encouraged to be careful as to your postings as the postings are not confidential.