Skip to main content

I was approved for DACA I was wondering if I can travel in the U.S?

Laredo, TX |

I want to go from Laredo TX to San Antonio TX

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


Absolutely you can. just make sure to carry valid state ID on you, as well as a copy of the DACA approval notice, to show if need be.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


Yes you can travel in the US. You are protected from possible deportation for two years.

LORIC, Immigration Solutions

Rodrigo Ivan Canido
Managing Attorney

3333 Bowers Ave, Suite 130
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Tel: 650-279-5933


Yes, as my colleagues stated you may travel. Ensure you have the DACA approval, your EAD card adn any state ID you may have acquired. Now that you have ID, a new world is open to you. As I advise my DACA clients, be responsible and stay out of trouble (no crimes) and more will come with immigration reform.


Yes you can travel inside the US.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.


My colleagues are correct. You can definitely travel within the U.S. (and based on your question you're only traveling within your state). It would definitely be wise to have proper identification on you at all times, as well as your documents indicating that your application has been approved because your approval means that you are not deportable for two years.

The above information does not constitute legal advice, and is intended only as general information. You should speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.