I was a passenger in an at fault accident. Do I have a right to personal injury/pain and suffering claims?

Fort Mill, SC |

I had permission to borrow my aunts vehicle but i had a couple drinks and allowed a friend to drive her car instead. I suffered a broken and dislocated jaw and my sons head hit the windshield and also went through the passenger window and suffered facial injuries. The insurance company isn't wanting to pay. What can I do???

You keep compounding the problem by not consulting with local and qualified personal injury litigation counsel. Please stop talking to the insurance company. You and for sure your son have claims that warrant separate counsel. Good luck.

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff www.nyelderinjurylaw.com

You can consult with a local personal injury attorney who can properly advise you after learning the facts.

IMMEDIATELY contact a local personal injury attorney. Do not wait any longer - wait talking to the insurance adjuster - as you have learned, the adjuster is not on your side.

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.

Call a lawyer. The Insurance company will not do you any favors. Involving a lawyer should change the negotiation dynamic completely (in your favor).

Consult a lawyer and show them you won't take no for an answer

The information in the post is not intended to be legal advice but is general information and should not be relied upon. The information provided by this is general advice, and is not legal advice. Viewing this information is not intended to create, and does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. If you require assistance then you should speak to a competent attorney in the area of your question. If you require additional information from the Ryan Montgomery Attorney at Law, LLC then please visit on the web www.RyanMontgomeryLaw.com or call us directly at (800) 519-0297

I agree with the responding car accident attorneys. You should absolutely consult with a top car accident attorney in your area to help you with your injuries as well as your son's. Best of luck.

A local personal injury lawyer should certainly investigate. Contact one of the distinguished lawyers in your state above.

You should contact a local Personal Injury attorney to investigate the matter for you.

J. Thomas McBratney III

J. Thomas McBratney III

You absolutely have a claim. Contact a lawyer soon though because the indurance adjuster is not your friend.

You need to consult with an attorney who will deal directly with the insurance company on your behalf.

I'm sorry to hear about this accident and I hope your'e getting the treatment and care needed for your recovery. You should consult with an attorney in your area to see what your specific rights are so you can determine if you'd like to pursue the recovery of damages, which would include your pain and suffering. Good luck.

Yes you probably have a claim. Possibly many claims. You had authority to entrust the vehicle to another unless your aunt told you specifically not too. You can bring a claim against the driver. His personal insurance, your aunts insurance and your own under-insured motorist insurance would all apply (assuming everyone had licenses and no one was excluded) You would also have a claim against your own pip and your aunt's pip. Meet with a local personal injury lawyer to discuss.

All information provided here is for educational use only and does not constitute legal advice nor establish any attorney-client relationship. Paul H. Cannon is licensed to practice law in the State of Texas. Laws vary from State-to-State. For legal advice and opinions, please retain the services of a lawyer licensed to practice in the appropriate state or jurisdiction.

First of all, I hope that you are getting treated for your injuries and that your son has also been seen by a doctor. Secondly, you should contact a personal injury attorney who can walk you through the process and can explain to you all the sources of insurance you may have available. Your friend who drove may have coverage, your aunt's vehicle should have coverage and your own insurance company's uninsured/under insured coverage may apply. Best of luck and hope you have a speedy recovery. -- West