Skip to main content

I was 17 and got in a accident and my insurance wouldn't pay fir the other persons car so i now have a judgment against me

Denver, CO |

I got in a accident September of 2011and got a the. mail saying that i had a suspended licence at the age of 17 due to a judgment, i then was told it was going to be reinstated and started to drive again then got.pulled over ran my licence and it said suspended so i asked for the.paper work saying that it has been served to me but all the agency did was call the state and theyes sent a letter saying that sane thing. just that it was suspende due to the judgment and i Di.t.know what to do

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


If your parents are in the picture talk to them about helping you find an attorney. I understand that you may not be able to provide all of the facts here, but something seems not quite right. Why did your insurance not cover the damages?

I am licensed in California, therefore, my answers are based on general prinicpals of law or California law, which may not be applicable in your jurisdiction. Answers posted to Avvo are for general information only. Do not conclusively rely on any information posted online when deciding what to do about your case. Every case depends is fact dependent, and responses are limited to and is based on the information you posted. No attorney-client relationship shall be created through the use reading of this response on Avvo. You should never delay seeking legal advice, disregard legal advice, or commence or discontinue any legal action because of information in this response.


This is a situation in which you need to work with your parents to find an attorney to assist with your problem. It is important to contact an attorney as soon as possible.


You need to consult with an experienced litigation attorney to review your circumstances and all paperwork you received related to the problem. When the Colorado Department of Revenue, Motor Vehicles, suspends a driver's license, there is no automatic reinstatement even though there is automatic eligibility to reinstate. You are required to take affirmative steps to reinstate your driving privilege and the department will tell you what is needed. Written notice to your last known address by the department is sufficient under the law to notify you of suspension revocation or denial of a driver's license.

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are interested in a free consultation with Mr. Bryans, call The Bryans Law Office at (303) 832-2930.


Have your parents find a local lawyer to find in why your insurance company didn't pay.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755