Skip to main content

I was involved in a hit and run. \

Aurora, CO |

my car need fixed what all can I sue for if only medical bills were covered by insurance. IE pain and suffering, body shop work, missing work? and what do I need to prove my case. me and my boyfriend were hit when I was turning off a busy street into a parking lot and the car that hit us was going aprx. 60mph in a 35 area. the car spun 3 times before coming to a stop. we had busies and my car needs repaired.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6


You need to gather your documentation, such as the police report and medical records and contact an attorney.

View my website & give me a call for a FREE consultation if you are a California resident 877-427-2752 or you can email me at I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. Answers provided by me are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. I provide legal advice during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for legal advice. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference


You should retain an attorney to help you with this. This is a serious situation and I expect you will need a lawyer to help with your property damage and personal injury claims. Good luck.


You may have a claim under your own uninsured motorist policy. Go see a local attorney right away.


Contact your insurance carrier to report the claim and to file a claim for the coverages available.


If you have uninsured motorist coverage with your car insurance you can get your medical bills, lost wages, out of pocket costs and pain and suffering covered by your insurance. If you have collision insurance your insurance company should fix your car. Generally, if you were injured and we can help you with your case, we help (for free) you deal with your car insurance company to get your car fixed. If you have any questions please feel free to give me a call.


A lawyer can go after your UM coverage.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer