Skip to main content

I want to start my own business as a real estate investor (S Corporation). Am I able to apply using my home address?

Bedford, TX |

I do not have a business address -- only at home address in a apartment currently, but would like to know am I eligible to apply for S Corporation or LLC status?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


You should be able to form either an LLC or a Corporation using either your address or acquiring a PO Box to serve as the address for the business. You will be required to have a registered agent that has a physical address, but you can be the registered agent and use your home address for that, or hire a company to serve as your registered agent.

An "S Corporation" is a tax election that you make, it's not an entity type per se. You can find more information about how to elect for S Corporation status on the IRS website (

Legal disclaimer: The answer provided above is for general information purposes only and should not be relied on as specific legal advice. This answer does not form an attorney-client relationship. You should consult with an attorney of your choice to fully advise you about your legal rights and obligations.




Yes, you can. But, you may want to consider other entity alternatives. You should probably visit with an attorney to discuss your options.

The above statements are provided as general information and not intended as legal advice. Each matter has its own set of unique circumstances that cannot be adequately addressed without consultation. You are strongly advised to hire an attorney licensed to practice law in your state to represent you.


Yes you can, you can also get a P.O. Box as suggest by Mr. Camm. Depending on the investment that you are going to make in starting your business, you may wish to contact one the virtual office companies. You can set up an arrangement where you can have a business address for your mail and to put on your business cards. They also provide other services like answering phones or providing office space as needed, if you want. You can check online to see if there is one near you.. I also agree with Mr. Newton that you may wish to consult with an attorney to see what the best business formation is for what you have in mind. Best of luck in your new venture!

The information provided above, by Mr. Defreitas, is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. Mr. Defreitas does not offer, nor imply that he intends to offer, legal advice or counseling to any individual or organization by providing this information. The information provided above, by Mr. Defreitas, is provided on an "as-is" basis without warranties of any kind either express or implied. Mr. Defreitas makes no warranties or representations of any kind concerning any information contained in this website. You should not rely or act upon any information contained herein for any purpose without seeking legal advice from a duly licensed attorney competent to practice law in your jurisdiction.