Skip to main content

I want to sign over my rights to my child, put the arrears on a lean till I sell my home later this year?

Hartsville, TN |

I was in my sons life until I got married then the mother changed all the rules. I was behind in Child support and paid $5000 to catch up or to show I was trying, now every chance she gets or the DA get police are harassing me and standing at my door, I talked to my sons grand mother she told me give up my rights. Im sick of the hassel and never get to see him so I want to give up my rights, Im going to the D.A's office Monday morning with some money and tell them exactly what I want to do.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You don't appear to have asked a question, so I'm not sure how to answer. (Please see this Guide: .) However, in general, you cannot "sign over your rights [and responsibilities, including support]" to your child unless some other adult is prepared to step in and adopt them. You should consult with an attorney in private before you deal with the District Attorney - the DA does not represent you and will not give you advice about your best interests.

Please read the following notice: <br> <br> Jay Bodzin is licensed to practice law in the State of Oregon and the Federal District of Oregon, and cannot give advice about the laws of other jurisdictions. All comments on this site are intended for informational purposes only, and do not constitute legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship. No posts or comments on this site are in any way confidential. Each case is unique. You are advised to have counsel at all stages of any legal proceeding, and to speak with your own lawyer in private to get advice about your specific situation. <br> <br> Jay Bodzin, Northwest Law Office, 2075 SW First Avenue, Suite 2J, Portland, OR 97201 | Telephone: 503-227-0965 | Facsimile: 503-345-0926 | Email: | Online:

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer