Skip to main content

I want to register my foreign marriage in the united states, how can I do it without filing in superior court?

Los Angeles, CA |

I am an American citizen living in China. I am a California resident and would like to register my marriage without having to file in Superior Court. How can I do this?

Thanks so much for your help.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


For what purpose do you want to "register" your marriage? Why do you think it's necessary to do so? Where were you married?


Foreign marriages do not need to be registered with the court. A foreign marriage is accepted as valid without any such formality.