Skip to main content

I want to obtain a work permit in the US and eventually bring my family, and try to acquire permanent residency

Houston, TX |

29 years old , currently single with the wife to be and expecting a baby , residing in Croatia , holding a skilled trade degree as a CC programmer . no criminal records .

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


The skills trade degree might be helpful but you'll need to secure employment here first. To immigrate to the U.S., one must have a qualifying visa petition which is either family based or employment based.


Consult with an attorney to determine your options but generally you would need an employer to sponsor you unless you have sufficient funds to invest in a US business.


I agree with my colleagues. You should consult an experienced immigration attorney for this matter. You may schedule a consultation with an immigration lawyer in your area, my firm is handling these matters in New York. If you would like free legal updates on these immigration issues you may sign up for our newsletter at .

Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer