Skip to main content

I want to make a case against a city agency that accused me of false accusations and monitored, recorded, and/or listened in on

New York, NY |

my private conversations on my personal phone lines. My employment was terminated. This happened in NYC 2.5 years ago. They lied to me about my job and role. More underhandedness occurred; I finally won unemployment this past year. I had been employed there for almost three years. I am unable to find FT work since. What legal rights do I have and can pursue to gain justice?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Unfortunately, the statue of limitations has probably run out. Contact an avvo employment lawyer to find otu if you still have a case.

Although Avvo makes it clear to consumers that attorney answers to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship, some attorneys prefer to add their own disclaimers to answers. You can set your custom disclaimer here and it will be automatically added to your answers.


I agree with my colleague in that too much time may have passed but would consult an attorney regardless.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at


One must file notice within 90 days of intent to claim and then commence the action within one year after that. Unless you had some incapacity or other legal reason tolling the statute (i.e. stopping the clock), you are probably out of luck. Consult an attorney who likes suing New York City.

If you found this "helpful" or "best answer," please click it with my appreciation. My response is for educational purposes and does not constitute legal advice which requires all the details, nor creates an attorney client relationship.


Sounds like you may have waited too long, but contact a lawyer in your state above to discuss.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755

Avvo personal injury email series

Sign up to receive a 3-part series of useful information and advice about personal injury law.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer