Skip to main content

I want to know where to complain about an atty for not counseling me properly? do i need recorded evidence??

Floral Park, NY |

My life means something to me, I want to hold atty accountable to inform me of all options * thats what i hire for, legal advice so what dept handles complaints and if atty refused to answer my legal questions on the case by silence and not answering me, is that lack of counsel as well? wht other options can i do if he simply wont answer me with legal advice?? He is paid .

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Contact the local bar association or go to the Office of Court Administration website for further guidance. However, before taking this serious step, I urge you to first politely try to work out your issues with your attorney.


filing a grievance is a big deal that can lead to serious consequences for the lawyer. I suggest you start by trying to schedule a meeting and work things out. If that doesn't work, you can still file a grievance with the Disciplinary Committee if you think the lawyer acted unethically.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.


You seem to be saying there is a communications issue on the attorney's part. Insist on a meeting and air your complaints and see if you get agreement for better service to your satisfaction. If not, get another lawyer. After all, you are looking for available and good advice as your goal. Filing a complaint will, from what you say, probably result in a lot of paper exchange and not much more.

If you found this "helpful" or "best answer," please click it with my appreciation. My response is for educational purposes and does not constitute legal advice nor creates an attorney client relationship which requires all the details and a personal conference.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer