I want to know where in saint Louis can I find a law firm that will take my discrimination case?

Saint Louis, MO |

I recently spoke with a paralegal an was advised that I should hire a group of lawyers I have been working on my discrimination case for 3 years now an now it as finally gotten to a point where they have offered me a settlement to end the case but I do not like the offer given an they will not accept my counter offer I was hired pregnant and fired due to my pregnancy. It has not went to federal court as of yet because I want to make sure I have lawyers first but from what I was told my case would be a heave case load for only one lawyer to handle my case also its pretty much over I have already won my case im just not happy with the settlement offer given an once again they will not accept my counter offer someone please help me

Please see my answer. By the way, having a settlemnt offer does mean you have "won your case". Trying a case is much harder than obtaining an unsatisfactory settlement offer.

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advice" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also avvo.com terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

well they only thing that they want to offer is back pay no punitive damages or compensatory damages or anything like that but in the settlement agreement letter it states that everything is awarded back pay front pay and damages but that isn't true all my rights have been violated I was hired pregnant an fired due to my pregnancy but I have done all of this alone without the help of a lawyer so now I really want a lawyer to help me because I feel they are trying to low ball me because I don't have an attorney

Duplicate post.

The contents of this post do not establish an attorney-client relationship. Any comments made in this post are general in nature and may not apply to the specific facts and law of your case.

what do you mean duplicate post

This was posted twice. See a local employment attorney.

i actually posted two different question one stated above and the other was how an when do you know u are entitled to a right to sue letter

You should call the Missouri Bar Lawyer Referral Service at (573) 636-3635 and request an employment lawyer located in the St. Louis area. http://www.mobar.org/lrs/clients.htm From the website it looks like they charge a $25 fee for the referral, but in exchange you get a free 30 minute consultation with the lawyer they refer you to. I hope this information helps.

thank you

Monique Antonia Miles

Monique Antonia Miles

You're welcome.

one more question... if you have been discriminated on an the judge has actually rulled on it does it matter the amount of time you have worked with the job to be entitled to damages

like on the eeoc web site it says with an employer with 500 or more employee the amount for punitative damages is 300,000 for discrimination but is that only awarded when u have invested a lot of time with the employer or I can get that for emotional stress?

Monique Antonia Miles

Monique Antonia Miles

If a judge or jury find that a company discriminated against an employee based on the employee's membership in a protected class, the court can award damages. These are good questions for you to ask the lawyer you get linked with through the referral service.

ok

Many attorneys steer away from cases in which clients think they have a "slam dunk." Litigation is unpredictable. If you are considering filing in federal court, your case in far from won. Employment cases are tough to win and expensive to litigate. I'm not saying you do or don't have strong claims, just that you shouldn't assume you'll come up with a large judgment.

My comments are general in nature, are not legal advice as to your specific issue, and do not establish an attorney-client relationship. Disregard this solicitation if you have already engaged a lawyer in connection with the legal matter referred to in this solicitation. You may wish to consult your lawyer or another lawyer instead of me. The exact nature of your legal situation will depend on many facts not known to me at this time. You should understand that the advice and information in this solicitation is general and that your own situation may vary. This statement is required by rule of the Supreme Court of Missouri.

Im not assuming i just feel that if your going to offer a settlement at least dont try am low ball me like with back pay im entitled to that an they aren't even trying to give that i mean what im saying is be fair an reasons as to why i think my case is open an closed is because speaking with other lawyers thats what i was told but like u said since it was a employment case an its going against the government its hard for someone to take my case