I WANT TO KNOW WHAT UNCONTESTED DIVORCE FORM I NEED IF MY HUSBAND IS OUT OF THE COUNTRY.

Long Island City, NY |

My husband is from Bangladesh and I live here in the states with our son. My husband left to back to go back to his country after his father took ill. Its been almost 5 years and we have both moved on. He left before his alien status was approved and 5 years later we need a divorce. Which form do i need for a uncontested divorce with a child under 21?

There are a number of forms that are required, especially when there is a child involved. The forms can be found on the New York Judicial Website (see below). Under the circumstances you described the process is not simple and could take some time to get all the forms right. You would do best to retain an attorney to do this for you.
Law Office of Joseph S Hubicki
386 Park Avenue South
New York, New York 10016
(917) 538-7259

You can find the forms you need on the New York Court's website. www.courts.state.ny.us. There is no specific form that you need because he is out of the country.

Legal disclaimer: This is not legal advice and is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. The post is only an opinion. You should speak to an attorney for further information. The poster is licensed only in NY, CT & NJ. You can reach me at LMeyer@LongIslandLitigators.com. If this post is useful to you, please remember to upvote it. less