Skip to main content

I want to know if i have a case agains 2 hospitals about my father. he was diagnose with lung cancer 6 months ago and was told i

Pensacola, FL |

its gone and no treament nessasary. 3 months later he had tumor on brain and it spread to kidneys, both lungs, liver and its in the heart. my dad had no health ins, so sacret heart released him without a bowel movement. my mother told his doctor he couldnt eat. they said drink ensure. within 4 weeks he lost 30 pounds and we found out his cancer was back and everywhere. last time he was in the hospital they said it was cancer everywhere then they made a mistake it not cancer. within 3 wks his 1 inch tumor grew to 6 inches. the doctors told us it was back and then it wasnt. but it was!!!!!!!! is there anything we can do about this.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Sounds like an awful process. Sorry. No way to know unless someone reviews the records. Contact an appropriate attorney. The prior post offers himself up. Take advantage.

The answers given are limited to the facts as given and presumed by the answer itself. Without seeing actual written documentation or having a conference to more fully explore the issues, this short answer has only limited application. Make sure to seek legal counsel and provide all documentation to get assistance in making informed legal choices., 305 377 1505


You have a potential case against the hospitals or doctors, but success on that case would hinge on providing evidence that (1) your father would be in better condition had the doctors not made a mistake and (2) the mistake amounted to professional negligence, such that one would expect other doctors in like circumstances to have not made the mistake. Not all mistakes are actionable.

To succeed on a claim, a lawyer who will work with a medical expert is highly recommended, because the way in which the facts are presented will strongly influence the resolution of this dispute.

The information provided in this and other answers on Avvo are general in nature and limited to the facts as stated. The information provided in this and other answers on Avvo should not be construed as legal advice on which the reader relies without further consultation with an attorney. No attorney-client relationship is created on Avvo question & answer forums. This attorney is licensed and admitted to practice law in the State of Florida only.


I'm sorry to learn about this. The only way to know if there was malpractice is to retain a local med mal lawyer who can order the medical records and send to an expert to review to ascertain whether there was a breach of the standard of care.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer