Skip to main content

I want to know if I can dispute what is in my credit report with a po box adress? what the FCRA allows me as my rights to do?

Los Angeles, CA |

if I need to put an original address what happen if after a month or two I change my address does not matter as long I have an mailing adress?
please If consumer attorneys experts can give me and advice what to do ?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


There is no reason why you cannot use a PO box as your mailing address to initiate a dispute with a reporting agency - happens all the time. Nearly every creditor uses a PO box as their address, and PO boxes are reported as addresses for individuals on CR's.

We can be reached at 507.334.0155 (Toll Free: 888.777.5009). Our web address is: www. Answers on Avvo are not to be considered a response to a specific legal issue in a specific jurisdiction - they are to be considered only general responses to hypothetical scenarios posed by the questioner. For specific legal advice, please consult with a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction. No information contained herein should be construed as a solicitation for business, an offer to perform legal services in any jurisdiction in which the attorneys of Corbin Law Office are not licensed, or the dissemination of legal advice. No creation of an attorney-client relationship should be assumed or implied. We are a debt relief agency. Corbin Law Office helps people file for bankruptcy relief under the bankruptcy code.


I agree with counsel. Also consider seeking advise from an attorney as to how to dispute the debt properly - a lot of attorneys in this field do free consults and take FCRA cases on contingency. We have an LA office...if you would like to discover more, call our offices. See the link to the right of the answer.

The information provided on this website is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice or as forming an attorney-client relationship. No attorney-client relationship between the reader and Abbas Kazerounian has been formed.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer