Skip to main content

I want to know how can I bring my niece to America?

Clifton, NJ |

Please I want to know how I can to this. My mother who's 77 years old, is in the right health to travel lot, and wants to see her granddaughter. I want to know how is it possible to bring her for the holidays.

+ Read More

Filed under: Immigration US visas
Attorney answers 3


You start with an invitation, which she uses to go to the consulate and request a visa. An attorney can help you, though it doesn't mean it is guaranteed.

Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advise and you should not rely on it, due to the fact that we have never met, I have not been aprised of the facts in you case nor have I reviewed any documents.


Consulates are much more lenient in issuing visitor visas to elderly ladies, for they know full well that at her age she is not going to 'compete with an American worker.."

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


You may prepare an invitation package for her with an invitation letter and an affidavit of support, Form I-134, attaching your financial documentation, and your niece will have to bring this package to the embassy when she goes to the interview. Please note that she must first make an application for a visitor's visa.

Contact immigration attorney Gintare Grigaite, Esq. at 646-407-2331, located in New York and New Jersey. Answers on AVVO do not constitute legal advice and do not form attorney-client relationship. Always consult an attorney for a legal advice.