Skip to main content

I want to join my out of status wife to my status. can i do that?

Brooklyn, NY |

Hi dear lawyers, i was granted asylum 2 months ago. I applied to asylum in year 2008, In year 2009 i legally got married to my wife in NYC, In my asylum application she was not included. She became out of status in 2010 from student visa as her passport expired and couldn't continue her studies due to not having valid ID. thank god our marriege is still going on and we have 2 daughters. how can i make her legal asap, thank you for your help

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


In order to do so you need to hire an experienced immigration lawyer in your area.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


Speak with an immigration attorney.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER: The answer(s) given are only to be deemed general in nature as all of the facts of your case were not provided and thoroughly reviewed. Any answers are NOT to be deemed as attorney advice as a full legal opinion can NOT be provided at this time without a complete analysis of all of the facts regarding your particular matter. Any and all statements provided do NOT in any way create any type of attorney/client relationship.


You case requires a detailed evaluation. We are serving NY area, you may contact us or other respectful immigration attorney.

The above is intended as general information only and cannot be relied upon as legal advice. Laws change constantly and vary from state to state. The legal principals discussed may differ substantially from your personal situation. Therefore You should consult an attorney about your particular situation. (212)880-1538 Law Offices of Tsirina Goroshit is a Full Service Immigration Law Office, at 275 Madison Avenue, 4th Floor New York, NY 10016