Skip to main content

I want to hire a defense attorney for my boyfriend who will plea bargain for him. We do not want to go to trial. Anyone?

Chicago, IL |

He has been in trouble before with drugs. First time he received probation. He violated it with a new drug and gun charge. He went to a prison boot camp and was released on parole. A few months ago he was found in a house with drugs and is now sitting in the cook county jail being charged with manufacturing and delivery of cocaine. He recently met with the parole board and they decided not to violate his parole. He has been offered a minimum of 4 years at 50% where he would be released sooner plus he is credited for the days he has been in the cook county jail (150 so far). He wants to try for a better deal. The family wants to hire a private attorney because the public defender he has won't make the requests he is asking for. He wants a drug program. Is this possible?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


It is possible depending on his background and the facts of the case and his background. For more information look here:
Due to the serious nature of these charges, it is imperative that you consult with an attorney. Most criminal defense firms, including ours, will give you a one time no charge consultation.

Law Offices of Matthew R Gebhardt, P.C.
555 Skokie Blvd.
Suite 500
Northbrook IL 60062
(847) 239-4703


Best bet is to have a 402 with the judge and ask for TASC probation.


Without meeting with a prospective client and analyzing all intricacies of the incidental details of the pending criminal case, it is impossible to issue a correct legal impression regarding the situation. The best logical approach would be selecting a capable reputable criminal counsel of your choice and meeting confidentially.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions stated above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual or legal circumstances related to one's current legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a comprehensive legal before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. Respectfully, Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko, Chicago, Illinois 773-562-8602


Seeking counsel is the first and best option. You will learn the best route to take. Use local counsel, as they will know the judge's, etc. and be able to tell you what to expect.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer