I want to have sex with a 16 year old but the age of consent in my state is Eighteen. Can I travel to other states to do?

San Francisco, CA |

I am a 42 and I want to have sex with a 16 year old but the age of consent in my state is Eighteen. Can I travel to other states to do?

Yes, you may be arrested.

The response above is not intended as legal advice since it’s impracticable to provide thorough, accurate advice based upon the query without additional details. It is highly recommended that one should seek advice from a criminal defense attorney licensed in your jurisdiction by setting up a confidential meeting. Moreover, this response does not constitute the creation of an attorney-client relationship since this message is not a confidential communication because it was posted on a public website, thereby publicly disclosing the information, which is another reason to setup a confidential meeting with an attorney.

Under which statute?

Michael Kevin Cernyar

Michael Kevin Cernyar

Too many to list. Hey, even if you went out of the country you could still be charged on your return. Taking a 16 year old out of state is called trafficking in federal court.

Isn't human trafficking moving illegal immigrants from Mexico to the US for labor

Michael Kevin Cernyar

Michael Kevin Cernyar

Check out the Jack Schaap case at http://www.justice.gov/usao/inn/press_release/documents/2013/Mar_2013/mar%2020%2013%20schaap.htm

I am saying I will go to a different state and find a 16 year old there.

Christopher Daniel Leroi

Christopher Daniel Leroi

Consider a lifetime of bunking with a 300 pound Aryan Nation guy named Bubba and see a psychiatrist.

I doubt many attorneys here are going to advise someone how to commit an act that is illegal under California law by going outside California for the specific purpose of doing so.

Lawyers do that all the time it is called transactional work

Michael Kevin Cernyar

Michael Kevin Cernyar

He can't do it without violating federal law. Then he is facing a mandatory minimum sentence of 10 years. Look at the Jack Schaap case at http://www.justice.gov/usao/inn/press_release/documents/2013/Mar_2013/mar%2020%2013%20schaap.htm

Christopher Daniel Leroi

Christopher Daniel Leroi

You need serious help. Please seek a professional with your issues. If you act on this you are looking at severe charges.
Robert Driessen

Mr. Driessen is a former Deputy DA in Orange County with over 8 years of criminal law experience. Nothing stated on this site shall in anyway be construed as legal advice, or as creating any attorney client relationship. If you would like to hire Mr. Driessen, feel free to contact him at www.theocduiguy.com.

Why is it legal in some states then?

Robert Laurens Driessen

Robert Laurens Driessen

Just because something is legal does not make it right. In many places in the world a woman who get raped gets stoned to death, does not make it right. You are 42 years old a 16 year old should not want to have sex with you and you need to look at your life as to what went wrong if this is your end goal. Robert Driessen www.TheOCduiguy.com

I am very attractive and young looking.

Christopher Daniel Leroi

Christopher Daniel Leroi

In some states the legal age of consent is less than 16. But, traveling across state lines in order to have sex with an underage girl is illegal. You could be prosecuted under federal laws and under California law when you return. Probably best to stick with those 18 and older.

Nicholas Basil Spirtos

Nicholas Basil Spirtos

I meant to say "In some states the legal age of consent is less than 18".

Christopher Daniel Leroi

Christopher Daniel Leroi

You can try and rationalize this all you want, but it is illegal.

This post is for information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice, nor does it establish an attorney client relationship with Mr. Cassara.

Christopher Daniel Leroi

Christopher Daniel Leroi

Sure crossing state lines to commit a illegal act will not violate California law, but did you ever hear of the Mann Act? You would be violating Federal Law and if caught your fellow inmates may want to entertain you in the same way and you are not a minor.

Avvo can I check the yes box twice?

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and have practiced since 1974. I practice in Los Angeles and Orange County, CA. These answers do not create an attorney client relationship. My answers may offend I believe in telling the truth, I use common sense as well as the law. Other state's laws may differ.. There are a lot of really good attorneys on this site, I will do limited appearances which are preparation of court documents it is , less expensive. However generally I believe an attorney is better than none.

Christopher Daniel Leroi

Christopher Daniel Leroi

Stephen Ross Cohen

Stephen Ross Cohen

Well said, kuddos

Stephen Ross Cohen

Stephen Ross Cohen

couldn't he be named Prince or Jesus? Any color will want to taste the pleasures of ... see Avvo no bad language