Skip to main content

I want to get my back child support over turned what's the process

Vero Beach, FL |

i was living in virginia, and my kids moher was living in florida so i was unable to attend the ruling of my child support case. my kids mother lied saying that i had a income of 1500 bi weekly so i was ordered to pay 26,000 back pay and 400 a month. i am currently fighting a disabilty case, and have not been cleared by my doctor to work in 10 years

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You can't ignore summons. If you are not able to physically appear in court, you need to file something, try to appear by phone, etc. You can't just ignore it. Now at this point you are going to need to get an attorney and ask for a rehearing ( within ten days) or appeal (within thirty days) or file for modification.

If you found this answer helpful, let me know by clicking the "Mark as Helpful" button at the bottom of this answer. It’s easy and appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer