Skip to main content

I want to file for my fiance the k 2 visa should I file for him or get married then file i129

Bronx, NY |

He is in Barbados

+ Read More

Filed under: Immigration US visas
Attorney answers 3


Either way works.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.


K-1 visa. If you are a US citizen, you can either file the fiancee visa or you can get married and go through consular processing. Depends on you and your preferences. You should schedule a consultation with an experienced attorney to discuss your options.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.


I agree with attorney Vaisman.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer