I want to do a streamline mtg on my FHA loan but i did not reaffirm during my chapter 7 . What can I do now to get it done ?

Charlotte, NC |

I called wells Fargo and they said they cannot do a streamline until I reaffirm the mtg but if I reaffirm am i liable for something ? Is there a way to streamline without reaffirming my mtg ?

Unfortunately, you cannot reopen a case to reaffirm. Reaffirmation must be done before discharge.

Sounds like you don't qualify for a streamline refinance with WF, but ask them to provide a list of the requirements. If you are currently financed with WF, you might want to see if you are eligible for a permanent loan modification instead. Otherwise, contact your current lender & obtain your payment history to show that your payments have been made on time to submit application for a regular refi. Hope this perspective helps!