I want to bring my wife from pakistan and i just got status change to f1

Irving, TX |

I came to US on b2 visa and then applied for the extension of stay which i got the approval and now i applied for the F1 visa status which i am hopeful to get it but i want to know if i get my visa status change to F1 then can i invite my wife from Pakistan and can she get the f2 visa from there easily to join me or its difficult.

Best Answer

She may apply for F at the US consulate and should take proof of your marriage and enrollment in a US school.

Yes. She can apply for F2.

Verdin Law Firm, LLC
Dallas, TX

Once you have F-1 status, your posting is unclear on whether or not you have it now, she can apply for an F-2 visa.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

The title of your question indicates that you got the F-1 change of status. In the body of your question, you state that you are hopeful to get the F-1 status. Which one is correct? You have to show proof that you are maintaining the terms of the F-1 and that you have the means to pay for your wife's stay on an F-2. Also, your wife must be able to prove that she does not have an immigrant intent and she has strong ties to Pakistan.

Mary Carmen R. Madrid Crost can be reached at the: Madrid Crost Law Group - (888) 466-4478; e-mail: mc@madridcrost.com; skype: usvisalaw Please consult with a licensed immigration professional to provide you with a thorough legal advice. This response should not be construed to create an attorney-client relationship. Please help stop notario fraud and share this web site: www.stopnotariofraud.org.

Yes, if you get the F1 she can get the F2 from Pakistan. "Easily," is a question based on your specific case.