I want to ask if I can send the same forms I sent to san antonio that was returned back to me to the chicago lockbox

Austin, TX |

Best Answer

Depends on why they were sent back to you. If it was because it was sent to wrong address make sure all supporting documents are there.

THANKSSSSSS for your prompt response. Yes, all supporting documents are there. Plus they wrote a letter in it that I should re-mail applications and all documentation to the address on the enclosed instruction sheet which they sent with my returned forms. But those forms were stamped received and dated. So, do you advised i send the same application forms to the correct address? THANKS A LOT!!

Karen-Lee Pollak

Karen-Lee Pollak

Yes

Thanks a lot for your advise. I understand, but for more clarity before I go ahead, I initially sent those application forms to san antonio uscis field office, they returned them to me after 2weeks to me and they have each forms stamped "RECIEVED with date" I have to re-mail the application to chicago lockbox. Do, you advise I should send the returned stamped forms from uscis san antonio office to uscis Chicago lock-box which is the appropriate address? Thanks in Advance again for your precious advice!!

It depends on what forms you tried to file.

Meet with an attorney ... it will be a good investment.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
Franco Capriotti - Senior Legal Counsel & Former Professor of Immigration Law - Capriotti International Law - franco@capriotti.com

Our services are not limited by State, nor International bounderies. Our licenses allow us to represent people worldwide.
Do not rely completely on information you get on any website. It is always wise to consult personally with an immigration attorney before taking action.

Consider contacting one of the attorneys on Avvo, or www.ailalawyer.com - If you are low income go here: www.justice.gov/eoir/probono/states.htm or http://www.immigrationlawhelp.org/
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Capriotti International Law
www.capriotti.com
franco@capriotti.com
SKYPE AVAILABLE

FORMER IMMIGRATION LAW PROFESSOR -- LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

Thanks a lot for your precious advise. But for more clarity before I go ahead, I initially sent those application forms(i-485, i-130, i-864, g-325, i-765) to san antonio uscis field office, they returned them to me after 2weeks with a letter from them that I should send it to the right address and they also had each forms stamped "RECIEVED with date" I have to re-mail the application to chicago lockbox. Do, you advise I should send the returned stamped forms from uscis san antonio office to USCIS Chicago lock-box which is the appropriate address? Thanks in Advance for your advice!!

F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III

Those are what we call one-step forms. Are you sure you qualify for filing those forms? You really should talk to an attorney. If you decide to go 'bare' and do-it-yourself ... go ahead and follow their instructions ... it may work, it may not.

if they go to Chicago, then yes.

Thanks a lot for your precious advise. But for more clarity before I go ahead, I initially sent those application forms to san antonio uscis field office, they returned them to me after 2weeks with a letter from them that I should send it to the right address and they also had each forms stamped "RECIEVED with date" I have to re-mail the application to chicago lockbox. Do, you advise I should send the returned stamped forms from USCIS san antonio office to USCIS Chicago lock-box which is the appropriate address? Thanks in Advance again for your advice!!

Robert West

Robert West

yes of course.

Thanks so much. Your advise is helpful. I just viewed your profile and I copied your contact info for future legal consultation. Are the contacts info correct for your office? : 6235 S. Pecos Rd. Suite 110 Las Vegas, NV 89120 Office: 702-319-5459

Robert West

Robert West

Yes they are, good luck.

I agree with my colleagues. You need to meet with an attorney to discover why they were sent back. Most immigration attorneys, including me, offer free consultations and payment plans. Your immigration status is very important and you should not jeopardize it with incomplete and/or incorrect filings.

This response is provided for informational purposes only. It is not legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Questions and answers posted to this forum are public and cannot be kept confidential. Although admitted in DC, I currently reside in Texas and I am authorized to practice U.S. immigration law worldwide..