Skip to main content

I want to apply for a passport. Can a bench warrant prevent me from applying for or obtaining a Passport?

Worcester, MA |

I had a bench warrant issued for an old gas bill. I made the court appearance this week. If I applied for a passport today will that prevent me from being issued a Passport? Could I also get the passport rushed if I applied for it at the post office?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


there are a number of ways to expedite passport processing.

Is it a civil warrant? It may have expired.

Criminal Law (all misdemeanor & felonies in District and Superior Courts), Drunk Driving and Drug arrests, Sex Offenses, SORB, Crimes involving Violence or Theft, Domestic (Divorce, Child Custody, Alimony and Child Support) and Family Law (Modification, Contempts & Paternity), Juvenile Law, Domestic Violence and Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury claims, Probate Law (Guardianships, Conservatorships & Estate Administration) and Legal Malpractice. For these and other areas, contact me. NOTE: This preceding message DOES NOT create an attorney-client relationship. It is not a protected or confidential communication. The statements made herein are not to be interpreted as representations or warranties of any kind. No reliance should be placed on the statements made herein. It is recommended that the recipient(s) should undertake their own research to reach their own opinion. The writer does not accept professional responsibility on this matter. TO CREATE an attorney-client relationship REQUIRES a signed retainer/fee agreement along with a retainer fee that must be received by my office.


This civil capias will not be a problem at the passport office.

This is not to be considered legal advise and i do not represent you absent a signed agreement. No serious legal question can be answered on a question board like this., and you can not rely on a casual answer to a possibly complex question. There are always facts that are not stated, and clarifying questions that need to be asked. Please see a competent lawyer to get a real answer to your question that takes into account all relevant factors.


Your best bet to expedite is to go to the passport office.

This is not intended as legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer