Skip to main content

I want my son get permanent resident status in US. He is 15 years old he is born out of wedlock, he is citizen of Lithuania.

Palo Alto, CA |

I have green card but was thinking to apply for citizenship, next month. Thank you Suren

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You can file for your son. You may need to prove legitimation since he was born out of wed lock. Schedule a consultation with an attorney for details

Irene Vaisman, Esq. 11 Broadway, Suite 615 New York, NY 10004 (646) 253-0516 This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (646) 253-0516.


You can begin the application process for your son now while you are also applying for your U.S. citizenship. Obtaining U.S. citizenship will help speed along your petition for your son. It would help to work with an immigration attorney to coordinate. Kind regards, Allan

For more information, call (888) 483-0311. This information is general in nature and is not legal advice to be relied upon for any particular matter.


You need to petition him. If you are the father, you also need to legitimate him.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer