Skip to main content

I've requested that my W-2 be mailed to me by my former employer. Are they required to do so legally?

Seattle, WA |

I've left E-mails and text messages with no response. Thanks.

+ Read More

Filed under: Tax law
Attorney answers 1


Absolutely ,the employer is required by IRS regulations to provide you with your W-2 by Feburary 1st, 2010. And to mail a W-3 to the IRS with that same information.

Call the IRS and report this situation. If you have all your paystubs, then you would be able to report your income that way, and the IRS may accept your return that way pending their contacting your employer to enforce compliance.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer