Skip to main content

I’ve heard 245i law was passed by Congress. What must I do to qualify for §245(i)? which states are still eligible for this sec

Milwaukee, WI |

currently can i apply under this law for change of status or file for work permit with parole

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


with all due respect, 245(i) dates back to 2000. maybe you want to consult with someone in person so that an experienced attorney can determine what you may qualify for.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.


I agree with my colleague. There are also a few other aspects of 245i that you should be aware of such as a physical presence requirement depending upon the date of the petition you use for 245i protection and that derivatives of petitions filed may qualify for 245i protection. Because of these aspects and many others, you should take any petition that was filed for you directly, for your parents, or for your wife if you were married to an experienced immigration lawyer so he or she can tell you if you qualify. It is important to determine whether you qualify before you avail yourself to immigration. Good luck.


1) have been in the US on December 20, 2000, AND,
2) have been petitioned on or before April 30, 2001.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.