Skip to main content

I've had my Medical J since 18 , 23 now and on probation , thank you for your answers ! !

Victorville, CA |

Last year I was put on 3 years of Felony probation for a crime isn't related to any drug . I told my probation officer that I am a medical marijuana patient since I was 18 and he said OK because my case isn't drug related . I was pulled over and arrested for possession with a stun gun and upon search and accordance with prop 215 , they found my medical marijuana . I went to the probation office today and she said I cant smoke anymore . In being mandated to drug testing and Na meetings by her , says that I have to go to the county building and get my medical card and go in front of the judge and tell him I need medical marijuana , when I have been getting my medical card from a licensed physician in accordance with SB 420 . In considering to file the form for the Probation Modification hearing

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


What probation is telling you is correct. You need to get the judge to allow you to use medical marijuana.
Robert Driessen

Mr. Driessen is a former Deputy DA in Orange County with over 8 years of criminal law experience. Nothing stated on this site shall in anyway be construed as legal advice, or as creating any attorney client relationship. If you would like to hire Mr. Driessen, feel free to contact him at


You need an experienced attorney in this area. According to the California Supreme Court, medical marijuana should be treated as any other prescription. The judge needs to be made aware of it through a brief. Many reputable attorneys offer a free consultation. My suggestion is to locate one with experience with medical marijuana.

The response above is not intended as legal advice since it’s impracticable to provide thorough, accurate advice based upon the query without additional details. It is highly recommended that one should seek advice from a criminal defense attorney licensed in your jurisdiction by setting up a confidential meeting. Moreover, this response does not constitute the creation of an attorney-client relationship since this message is not a confidential communication because it was posted on a public website, thereby publicly disclosing the information, which is another reason to setup a confidential meeting with an attorney.


The probation officer can forbid you from using marijuana during your probationary period. You will need an attorney to back into Court to get the judge to allow you to use marijuana so you don't violate your probation.