Skip to main content

I've been on workers Comp since November the doctored finally requested an approval for surgery they denies it wanting an im

Stockbridge, GA |

The doctor that requested surgery is a workers Comp doxtor

+ Read More

Attorney answers 7


I'm not exactly sure what your question is, but if you are asking whether the insurance company can send you for an ime before authorizing the surgery, the answer is yes. If that is not the question you asked, feel free to send me an e-mail at


The Carrier generally has the right to have you evaluated for a second opinion.

Attorneys are very competitive. Choose the Best Answer so we know who helped you the most.


They haven't denied it- they want a second opinion, an "IME". Do you have an attorney? I'm sure he would tell you to cooperate. If you do, you should have this exchange with him or her.

If you don't have an attorney, get one! Feel free to give our office of any of the fine attorneys here on Avvo a call.

Good luck!

Thanks for reading my response to this question. If your found this answer "Helpful" or "The Best Answer" PLEASE MARK IT, because Avvo awards me points. Thank you! Note that the questioner and any reader do not have an attorney-client relationship formed by our communications on this website. Advice given by me on this website is general advice based on partial information. You should not rely on any advice given without first hiring a lawyer in the area where the case is pending, and providing that lawyer with full information.


Let them get their second opinion. If they deny the surgery after that, you could file a hearing request to have the Judge determine if the surgery is necessary and order them to pay for it. However, you really need an attorney to help you with this and walk you through the process. Especially if disputes are arising as to treatment. Anything you say to the doctors is being taken down to be used against you potentially, so you need guidance.

The above information is general in nature. In order to obtain more specific and legal advice upon which to base your important decisions, please contact our office directly for a free phone or in person consultation. Robert M. Gardner, Jr. Hicks, Massey & Gardner, LLP 53 W. Candler St. Or 718 Oak St. Winder, Ga. 30680 Gainesville, Georgia (770) 307-4899 (770) 538-0555 serving metro Atlanta and all of Northeast Georgia Bankruptcy, Divorce, Personal Injury, Worker’s Compensation, Medical Malpractice, Adoption, Civil and Criminal Litigation


Looks like you are going to need a good workers' comp lawyer sooner rather than later. Good luck.


Get your own IME, file a hearing request, and hopefully, the judge will grant you your surgery (assuming the IME doctor agrees with your treating doctor).


There are multiple questions on this forum today from Stockbridge, GA, and at least one of these questions appears to come from a consumer who currently has an attorney. While each of these questions may be from different consumers, out of an abundance of caution I am proceeding under the assumption that all consumers from Stockbridge with posts today have legal counsel, and if this is the case in your situation, my recommendation would be that you discuss this with your current attorney. If you do not have legal counsel at this point, however, you should obtain an experienced Georgia workers' compensation attorney immediately and before you continue to lose important rights with respect to your claim. Subject to the cautionary notes above, if you are currently without legal counsel and would like to discuss your claim further offline, please contact me at 770-554-8100 and I can discuss your options with you at no charge.