Skip to main content

I've been on w.c 3 yrs for back problems which both resulted in surgical procedures. I never consulted with lawyer. Have q&a.

Rancho Cucamonga, CA |

Nurse in correctional facility n hurt back in 2009 which resulted in microdisectomy of left side of back. Was off approx 7 months. Was made P&S from there at 11-13% which resulted in 14,000 bucks n some change. Then in feb 2012 went off again on back issue now it's hurting on right side in same area which I had another surgery on right side of same area in oct 2012 and I'm off work again. I was made P&S April 2013 with permanent restriction in which my employer could not accommodate (state of California) in which now I'm at 17% P&S. They haven't paid me any permanent disibility Cuz they say they think I was overpaid on temp disibility. Is this right can they do this.I applied for industrial retirement may 2013 was approved aug 2013. Can I recieved more for getting injured. Plus P&S.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


This was posted in the personal injury section as opposed to workers compensation, but you should either repost in that section, or call a local workers comp lawyer to investigate


Consult a workers comp atty asap. they dont charge to consult with, and they get a percentage.


Workers compensation law involves applying the details in your medical records to the intricacies of workers compensation statutes and regulations. This isn't possible in a quick internet post and response. Workers comp attorneys specialize in this area. An initial consultation costs nothing and can quite likely result in optimization of the claim. Do yourself a favor and obtain an office consultation with an experienced workers compensation attorney. Here's why: Blue-Link-Below

Law Offices of Andrew D. Myers, North Andover, MA & Derry, NH provide answers for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be given by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction, thoroughly familiar with the area of the law in which your concern lies. This creates no attorney-client relationship.


It sounds like it is time for you to consult with a local workers compensation attorney who can analyze the situation best for you.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.