I've been on probation since 2009 for midemeanor possession marijuana and drug paraphernalia, I'm on drug court in Kentucky

Louisville, KY |

I got caught with a couple of roaches and stems from weed, I've been on probation since 2009. I'm on drug court I was wondering if I would be able to get early release or at least regular probation so I can get my cdl and better provide for my family, I've been compliment with all terms never had dirty drug screen. Truly I wouldn't mind them adding time as long as I can do this OTR trucking I'm sick of my family struggling like we are I feel that this would be the best for us, any help/advice will be highly appreciated

Contact a criminal defense attorney in Louisville to review the district court file and see if what, if any options are available to you.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

Thank you, do you have any experience with drug court?

Frank Mascagni III

Frank Mascagni III

There are many criminal defense lawyers who devote a small part of their practice to drug court. Yes I do as well as others: www.kacdl.net

Drug courts can be difficult for defendants in part because the intent of the court is to help and practitioners feel strongly that they are helping defendants deal with on going drug issues. For defendants like you, who feel that they no longer need supervision, it can be difficult to convince the drug court partners that you are not attempting to simply to escape supervision. Although the argument that you no longer require the supervision of drug court might be something you could make, it would be much wiser to consult an attorney who might be able to make the argument for you or who can investigate the circumstances of your case and speak with the players in your particular drug court. Attorneys in that area may have individual relationships with the drug court partners or be able to review your case documents to assist you. In short, there may be a request you can make of the drug court to reduce supervision, but you are probably best be served by having an attorney look into your individual case to advise you on how to make that request--or make it for you.

We do not have a client/attorney relationship until you make an appointment, we discuss your case face to face, and a judge appoints my office to represent you in your criminal case. I am not available at this time as a retained private attorney and can only assist persons in the process of applying for the services of the Public Advocate.

Thank you, do you happen to know any good lawyers in my area

Ray Shane Ibarra

Ray Shane Ibarra

I am not able to recommend anybody as a result of a) my status as an government attorney and b) me not being that familiar with the Louisville legal community. If you are unsure and the adverts on Avvo are not not helpful, try contacting the local clerks office and asking for the bar association number or observing court to see which attorneys are good advocates and asking them for their card. Best Wishes, Ray Ibarra rsibarra@gmail.com Mobile: 859-816-7054