Skip to main content

I've been offered a job in the us and have a B1/B2 visa, can I change my status without leaving the US into a work visa??

Dallas, TX |

As i hav pass my 12th grade in 2003, and was handling my own bussiness ever since, job offered me here is almost same kind, will my expirence will be enough or i need more qualification , and how long this process take, will i will be able to change my visa status being in usa itself.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


It depends on what type of working visa you qualify for.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


This is not a general question you ask. You are clearly in need of a legal advice. No problem, but not on AVVO. AVVO is a free general legal information blog, not a substitute for legal advice. Look for at attorney you would like to have a consultation with. You can use Find a Lawyer tab above, right here in AVVO. Select an attorney, contact them directly and schedule a consultation. You might be glad you did.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


It depends. Please see an immigration attorney to evaluate your situation.


There is no simple answer. You should really consult an immigration attorney.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer