I used someone's Debit Card to make purchases online without their knowing, spending about $615, what penalties am i looking at?

Wixom, MI |

I used someone's Debit Card to make purchases online without their knowing, spending about $615. The money was spent on an online game. I know it is Identity Theft and Fraud. I am scared and dont know what to expect. Help!

Identity thieves in Michigan are subject to a fine of up to $25,000 and 5-year prison sentence. The 5-year prison sentence begins after the sentence for fraud has been served.

Using someone elses credit card for more than $500 is punishable by up to 4-5 years.

If this is your first offense, and you offer restitution asap you may be able to escape most of the penalties..

Answering this question with general knowlege of the law does not create an attorney client relationship and attorney cannot be held responsible for how the questioner uses this information.