Skip to main content

I turned down the first offer how long will it take to get another one.suing statefarm and have a lawyer?

Snellville, GA |
Attorney answers 7


You need to ask your lawyer that question. The answer to that question will depend on many facts, most of which deal with the specifics of your situation and the dynamics at play, and you lawyer is the only one who can give you an accurate answer to your question. Good luck.

I am not your lawyer and an answer on AVVO is not intended as legal advice but is provided for general informational purposes only. If you desire legal advice, please consult a lawyer and form an attorney client relationship.


Sometimes there is no 2nd offer. The other attorney is correct, schedule a meeting with your attorney.

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff


As you may be aware, the two worst major insurers in the U.S. are Allstate and State Farm. The good hands and good neighbors stuff in their ads is baloney. They don't tend to treat claimants fairly compared with their better competition.

Your attorney is the only one who can answer your question. In many cases, when you reject an offer there won't be another one (or any new one will be close to the old one), and you're gambling that you may do better at trial (your lawyer can assess if that's a smart move or not). But only your attorney is in a position to know your case well enough to venture a guess. Call him.

If you find this answer helpful, please mark it here on AVVO as helpful. In answering you, I am attempting to communicate general legal information and am not representing you (and am not your lawyer). Do feel free to call me at 404-768-3509 if you wish to discuss actual representation (the phone call also does not retain counsel; that requires an office visit and appropriate paperwork). In that a forum such as this provides me with limited details and doesn't allow me to review details and documents, it is possible that answers here, while meant to be helpful, may in some cases not be complete or accurate, and I highly recommend that you retain legal counsel rather than rely on the answers here. (You can also email my office at . An email also does not retain my office, but can help you get an appointment set if you prefer not to call). I am happy to discuss possible representation with you. Any information in this communication is for discussion purposes only, and is not offered as legal advice. There is no right to rely on the information contained in this communication and no attorney-client relationship is formed. Nothing in my answer should be considered as tax-advice. To ensure compliance with IRS Circular 230, any U.S. federal tax advice provided in this communication is not intended or written to be used, and it cannot be used by the recipient or any other taxpayer (i) for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed on the recipient or any other taxpayer, or (ii) in promoting, marketing or recommending to another party a partnership or other entity, investment plan, arrangement or other transaction addressed herein. I am also required to advise you, if your question concerns bankruptcy, that the U.S. Congress has designated Ashman Law Office as a debt relief agency that can help people file bankruptcy.


It is not possible to know. They may offer more and they may not? You need to consult with your attorney. State Farm is very difficult at times. Good luck.

You should consult an attorney in your State at once. This response does not constitute legal advise outside the State Of Michigan and is not intended to establish an attorney-client relationship with our offices. It is for informational use only of the general laws in the State of Michigan, only. To retain our offices, you need to sign a contingency contract with us. We do offer free consultations and we can refer clients to lawyers in your State if you call us. Visit our webpage and tell us what you think.


If you have a local car accident attorney, then you should discuss your legal options with him or her. I hope this helps.


All the other comments are correct. You should speak to your lawyer for more information.


As Mr. Ashman says, State Farm treat people terribly in these cases, so do not expect a second offer, especially in a conservative jurisdiction like Gwinnett. Prepare for trial and push the case. The will do nothing until you make them.

The above information is general in nature. In order to obtain more specific and legal advice upon which to base your important decisions, please contact our office directly for a free phone or in person consultation. Robert M. Gardner, Jr. Hicks, Massey & Gardner, LLP 53 W. Candler St. Or 718 Oak St. Winder, Ga. 30680 Gainesville, Georgia (770) 307-4899 (770) 538-0555 serving metro Atlanta and all of Northeast Georgia Bankruptcy, Divorce, Personal Injury, Worker’s Compensation, Medical Malpractice, Adoption, Civil and Criminal Litigation

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer