Skip to main content

I traveled out of the US March 14, 2013 and returned March 23, 2013 and notice my passport was not stamped indicating my return.

Atlanta, GA |

I would like to know what I should do because I do not want to encounter any problems when I am ready to travel again. I have the section of my boarding pass and I am a US citizen.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 7


Just keep the paperwork for your records. I don't think it will be a problem.



This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.


i would contact the local entity where you got your passport. surely, they have had this happen before and should be able to advise your


You can stop at the CBP office by the airport, but I bet they'll tell you not to worry about it and send you on your way.


You should not have any problems. Keep the travel itinerary just in case.


There are no requirements that CBP stamp the passport of a US Citizen upon return to the US.

The practice began so that Customs or I&NS (now CBP) could obtain information on your travels. All of the information is now available through the Advance Passenger Information System

This should not be construed as advice, only information and I recommend for any additional questions you seek the advice of experienced immigration legal counsel. The posting of a response in no way infers client - attorney relationship has been established.


i added an immigration tag to your question. I am not an immigration attorney, but do a lot of international travel. Anytime you come into the US through customs, your passport is electronically scanned, so you should not have any problems.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer