Skip to main content

I spoke with the police department about my assault warrant and they said the DA has not filed any paperwork with court yet.

Fort Worth, TX |

Is this a good sign they have a weak case or they are waiting till i turn myself in and bond out? It has been two months since probabal cause warrant was issued

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


You cannot guess what the delay in filing paperwork means. However, if you have a warrant, you should go hire a lawyer and make bond before you end up arrested at an inopportune time.

Cynthia Henley


I agree with the other attorney, hire an attorney and make bond. Police run license plates all the time so you may end up arrested on a trip to the mall. As for the DA, it's unlikely they are worrying about your case until you are arrested since you have no court date and are considered "at large."


Honestly, criminal cases are so fact and circumstance intensive that it's impossible to tell at this point in time. If there's a warrant out, there's definitely something going on. Consult a local attorney who knows the ins-and-outs of the Tarrant County DA's office.


You need to hire an attorney and get the warrant resolved. If they have a weak case, now is the time for an attorney to get it handled for you.
Austin Probation Lawyer
Austin Jail Release and Bond Assistance

My answers are intended only as general legal advice and are not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for a full consultation with a local experienced criminal defense attorney. For more answers based on my 19 years of experience visit my website,