Skip to main content

I slipped on water on a restaurant floor yesterday. I didn't fall but I twisted my ankle. It really hurts today. What do I do?

Anderson, SC |

I told the waiter and he said he would clean it up. I don't have health insurance right now so I haven't been to the doctor. What should I do?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6


Immediately contact a local personal injury attorney - it he feels that you have a valid claim that attorney should be able to assist you in receiving treatment without charge on a lien basis. Slip & fall claims are complex - simply falling at the restaurant does not mean they are at fault. It depends if the restaurant knew or should have known of the water - how long it was present etc etc. Get professional assistance - most personal injury attorneys offer free initial consultations.

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.


You need to get treatment and consult with an injury attorney. You may have a slip and fall type case. Your attorney can help you get the treatment you need and proceed with your cause of action. Good Luck!

The information in this website is provided as a general legal reference . The reader is advised to check for changes to current law and to consult with a qualified attorney on any legal issue. The use of this material does not create an attorney-client relationship with the Lovely Law Firm or any of its attorneys. When transmitting information over this website, you understand and agree that Lovely Law Firm will have no duty to keep confidential the information. Because the information posted on this website is prepared for a general audience, without investigation into the facts of each particular case, it is not legal advice: neither Lovely Law Firm or any of its attorneys has an attorney-client relationship with you. The thoughts and commentary about the law contained on this site is provided as a service to the community, and does not constitute solicitation or provision of legal advice. While we endeavor to provide accurate information at this website, we cannot guarantee that the information provided here (or linked to from this site) is accurate, complete, or adequate. We provide this general legal information on an ‘as-is’ basis. We make no warranties and disclaim liability for damages resulting from its use. Legal advice must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case, and laws are constantly changing, so nothing provided at this site, should be used as a substitute for the advice of competent counsel. Finally, using this website or sending email to the host does not create an attorney-client relationship. The material in this website may be considered advertising under applicable rules. If you need to speak to an attorney about your specific legal issue please call the Lovely Law Firm at 843-839-4111


Get medical attention, and call a local personal injury lawyer to investigate.


Premises liability cases turn on whether or not the owner or operator of the property maintained their location reasonably safely. A large part of the question is whether or not they knew or should have known of the danger and could have taken reasonable precautions. Here's more: [Blue-Link-Below]

Law Offices of Andrew D. Myers, North Andover, MA & Derry, NH provide answers for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be given by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction, thoroughly familiar with the area of the law in which your concern lies. This creates no attorney-client relationship.


I agree with other answers. Good luck

The information in the post is not intended to be legal advice but is general information and should not be relied upon. The information provided by this is general advice, and is not legal advice. Viewing this information is not intended to create, and does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. If you require assistance then you should speak to a competent attorney in the area of your question. If you require additional information from the Ryan Montgomery Attorney at Law, LLC then please visit on the web or call us directly at (800) 519-0297


Call Michael DeMayo.

Seth Carroll is licensed to practice in Virginia only. The preceding is for information only and should not be construed as legal advice. Always call a lawyer directly for advice.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer