I slipped & fell on ice @ my employers grounds (state of NJ) but i was off the clock, i actually was going in to work. can i sue

Edison, NJ |

it was snowing at the time. The snow had neen removed (plowed) but the grounds had not been salted. This occurred on a entrance sidewalk to the facility. Other co-workers as well were injured that same day due slip & falls.

The answer to your question is not straight forward. First of all, if your employer is a tenant in the building, you might be able to sue the building owner, but it might depend on the terms of the Lease Agreement. The answer you your question could go either way, depending on the specific facts of your case. I suggest you speak with a local workers' compensation attorney to determine if you have to proceed in workers' compensation Court, or if you must sue in Superior Court.