Skip to main content

I slip and tripped over some broken concrete in mcdonalds parking lot and broke my wrist?..what should i do?

Dallas, TX |

i was recently at mcdonalds to go in a order some food and i got out the car and walk toward mcdonalds door and my gf called me and asked me did i get my wallet and when i turned back around i tripped on some broken concrete and fell and broke my wrist i am in dallas,tx and i am a semi pro ball player for some time basketball and i just was told that a overseas team was looking at me and now wants to seat down and have a talk about playing ball in europe with a nice contract but now i dont want to tell the team owner what happen because i cant even shoot the ball and i know the outcome they will not take a injured player and pay him big money if he cant play basketball is my life and this is what i want to do and make my life better with...what should i do?..thanks for all advice from

sorry for the misspelling of words or misunderstandings i am typing with my left hand one key at a time and it is very hard because im not left handed.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


I am very sorry to hear this. You should find an experienced personal injury attorney in your area right away. The defect that caused your accident needs to be photographed before it is corrected or changed. These type of cases depend heavily on the specific facts and circumstances of the situation and the evidence needs to be preserved. The attorney can evaluate your chance of success. You can find a good attorney attomey in your area on Good luck to you.

The information provided by me should not be considered legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. I am licensed to practice law in Florida and you should consult with an attorney in your area for legal advice. The information exchanged on is not privileged and you should not share confidential information over this forum.


Ask those you trust and respect for attorney recommendations. Interview, phone is fined, a few then perhaps follow it up with a face to face and look to hire the attorney you are most comfortable with and confident in. Do not speak with MacDonald's or their claim minimizers. Good luck.


It appears that you might have a good liability claim against McDonalds. They will argue that the concrete was open and obvious or that you were not paying attention. Talk to an attorney before you talk to their insurance company. They do not interview you to help you.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Alabama. Responses are based solely on Alabama law unless stated otherwise.


You should obtain needed medical care and treatment immediately and follow the doctor's advice. Do not give any statement to the adverse party or insurance company nor grant them access to any medical records. Photograph the injuries and the damage done to any property. Contact a personal injury attorney in your area as soon as possible so that you can protect your rights. You may also find it helpful to review the Legal Guides I have published on dealing with many of the issues you are now facing.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer