Skip to main content

I signed a contract with a CA law firm to "settle" five accounts for me (supposed to be @40%) (Visa, HSBC, etc.) Sent $548.43/

Pueblo West, CO |

mo for 28 months. Pd in full Aug 15, 2011. They spent my money--main lawyer has been disbarred. What am I supposed to do now and how?

+ Read More

Filed under: Debt Fraud
Attorney answers 3


Contact the CA state bar regulation counsel as they may have some services to repay you for fraud. Good luck.

This answer is for informational purposes only and is not legal advice regarding your question and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.


I agree with Mr. Murillo. Start with the folks in Cali.

Good luck.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.


It is a bit unclear from your question, but it sounds like you entered into a debt consolidation contract with a California firm and the firm did not pay all or part of your debts. I am assuming that the companies (Visa, HSBC, act) are now trying to collect on outstanding balances. If you are looking for redress against the company, I would start with the California State Bar, as my colleagues indicated as well as the California Department of Consumer Affairs and California Department of Corporations. You may also check with the BBB to see if there are similar complaints.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer