Skip to main content

I share joint custody with my mother she passed away do all the rights become mine

Newark Valley, NY |

we went to court got an agreement to share joint custody she moved to flordia an passed away two days ago

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Need to review the joint custody agreement. Was it physical or legal custody. Also, what about the other parent. Consult with an experienced family law attorney where the child has resided at least for the last six months.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or


Most likely but consult with a local family law attorney and bring all court orders.

IF YOU FOUND THIS ANSWER "Helpful" or " The Best Answer" YOU CAN THANK ATTORNEY RADDATZ BY MARKING IT SO because Avvo awards the attorney points. MS. RADDATZ is donating her time and talent by answering questions to help those in need of legal information. This is NOT a consultation and in no way creates an attorney-client relationship. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS PERSONALLY CONSULT WITH AN ATTORNEY IN YOUR LOCAL AREA who has specific expertise in the area of law you are asking about.


I'm sorry for your loss. You should take your court orders to a local family attorney to get the best advice possible.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer