I sent 2 text messages from a gat website to my ex and went and filed harrassemt charges against me. What can happen to me

Monroe Township, NJ |

I have to show up in municipal court now and go before the judge is 2 texts messages considered harrassment

allys31@gmail.com

It could be. It is impossible to tell without knowing what a "gat website" is. If you were sending her pictures of guns (I'm assuming that's what a gat is), without any further context, it certainly could be considered harassment. You should speak to a local attorney.

IF YOU FOUND THIS ANSWER HELPFUL PLEASE CAN THANK ATTORNEY MEMMEN BY MARKING IT “BEST ANSWER” or “HELPFUL.” Mr Memmen is donating his time and talent by answering questions to help those in need of legal information. THIS IS NOT A CONSULTATION and in no way creates an attorney-client relationship. Alexander Memmen recommends that you always consult – in person – with a local attorney before taking any action.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. More information is needed but you could be looking at serious trouble. Retain an experienced attorney ASAP.

CALL US AT 855-578-0449 TO ARRANGE FOR A CONSULTATION IF YOU LIKE THIS ANSWER PLEASE INDICATE YOUR APPRECIATION BY SELECTING IT AS "BEST ANSWER." Law Offices of Benjamin G. Kelsen, Esq. LLC 1415 Queen Anne Road, Suite 206, Teaneck, NJ 07666 Phone: 201-692-0073/ Fax: 201-692-0151 Web Site: www.kelsenlaw.com / Email: bgkelsen@kelsenlaw.com NOT LEGAL ADVICE: The above information may contain an opinion which does not constitute legal advice. Unless a retainer agreement has been signed, we are not your legal representatives, and you should not rely on any opinions contained in this message.

I agree with my colleagues. A "gat website" as per a quick Google search has several possible meanings. Since this person is your EX, why don't you just forget the person and stop taking unnecessary risks?

Leonard R. Boyer, Esq. 201-.675-.5577. If you found this Answer helpful, please mark it as "Best Answer" Please be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.