Skip to main content

I send the I-102 form about two weeks, I found out in some cases they ask for more evidence so should I send a copy of the visa

Trenton, NJ |

Just in case if they need more evidence so I dont have to wait that much, because right now the waiting of the replacement is about 7 months

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


If your question is whether you should send additional documents in connection with the Form I-102 you have already filed (i.e. mailed), then I suggest that you actually wait until you hear back from immigration. Even if you do send additional documents after filing the I-102, it is likely that the additional documents will never make it to your immigration file for this case. While it might have been helpful to send additional documents with the initial I-102, at this point I would wait. You may call the toll free number at the bottom of your receipt for the I-102 to get an update on the case. You may also check on the status of your case online at


I agree with my colleague -- sending additional documents after filing but before a request for evidence would not be very helpful. Even if you send a copy of your visa now USCIS may still ask for additional evidence.

Answers to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship.



What other evidence they may ask for ?


I agree with Mr. Pineiro

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.


It is too late to send in more evidence now ... it will get lost in the mail room.

Wait for them to ask ... they will send a sheet with a bar code ... to make tracking easier and reduce the risk of loss.

Yes, it takes a long time ... that is the unfortunate price you pay for having lost your I-94 ... sorry.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.