I run a page of fb for kid in need , I am not a non profit oraganization ,is it ok to posted this (read add Detils)

Newtonville, MA |

*This is not a tax-deductible non-profit organization.(A non-profit organization known as a not-for-profit organization Is an organization that does not distribute) We dont accept money ,check We only accept donations for the families that are in need ..

Your question is confusing. It may help if you clarify what you are doing.

I have a page on facebook and we look to find sponsor for kids in need .this is what we are looking for help with cause we are not a non profit grope its this ok ..we have two running program 1. Is goody bags for kids we need help with nail polish, make up, crayons, markers, candy, baked gods . toys, card games, tattoos, stickers, jewelry, socks, underwear, pencils, pens, gum, sippy cups, baby bottles, pacifier ,onesie and any personalized items for the teens ...you can pick the kids and send it to them . 2.July 4 baskets of love we are looking for help with little swimmers , bathing suits , beach towels, sun block, hats and other summer . please let me know at tonidamelio@yahoo.com or pm if you would like to help sponsor any of the kids or if you may know some one who would like to help..Thanks *This is not a tax-deductible non-profit organization.(A non-profit organization known as a not-for-profit organization Is an organization that does not distribute) We dont accept money ,check We only accept donations for the families that are in need ..

501c3 non profit organization ?

How do become a 501c3 non profit organization

I am also a little confused about your question. Generally you can't even set up a bank account in a non-profit's name without obtaining an EIN number and incorporating as a non-profit. Sit down with a non-profit or business attorney in your area who can help.

Melissa Levine is a licensed attorney in Massachusetts. All answers are based on Massachusetts law and should not be construed as legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is formed by Attorney Levine answering your question. It is advisable to consult with an attorney about your personal legal concerns.

I have a page on facebook and we look to find sponsor for kids in need .this is what we are looking for help with cause we are not a non profit grope its this ok ..we have two running program 1. Is goody bags for kids we need help with nail polish, make up, crayons, markers, candy, baked gods . toys, card games, tattoos, stickers, jewelry, socks, underwear, pencils, pens, gum, sippy cups, baby bottles, pacifier ,onesie and any personalized items for the teens ...you can pick the kids and send it to them . 2.July 4 baskets of love we are looking for help with little swimmers , bathing suits , beach towels, sun block, hats and other summer . We dont not ask for any money or check .Just donations for the families that are in need . I just wanted to make sure this is legal to have this page I know there a few page that do some of the same thing I am doing to help our community