I rented some itames from buddies home furnifhing and my mom died and i went out of town and for got about them and now they are

Lake Mary, FL |

buddys said they are going to file a judgment agienst me i want to know what this means and they said its considered a felony and i going to go to jail or court

Failure to return leased property is a 2nd degree misdemeanor unless the value of the property is over $300 and then it is a 3rd degree felony. A 2nd degree misdemeanor is punishable by a maximum of 60 days in jail or 6 months on probation and a $500 fine. A 3rd degree felony is punishable by a maximum of 5 years in prison or 5 years probation and a $5,000 fine. On the other hand, you could also be sued civilly for the value of the property which could ultimately end in a judgment against you. You should speak with an attorney who may be able to contact Buddy's on your behalf and try to resolve the issue without it having to go to court either civilly or criminally.